The upgraded version of RankBrain SEO will continue to offer relevant results. It will interpret these requests in a way that humans also are not able to decipher. RankBrain SEO can be immensely effective, particularly with voice search. This phenomenon is exploding in the digital marketing industry today
RankBrain, the part of Google’s Hummingbird algorithm has given new meaning to SEO. This system will further indicate a vast change and set a new precedent for SEO and the business alike. Google introduces changes to its ranking algorithm almost regularly. So, it is vital to know what is being changed and when. Upgrade your system to the latest Google Algorithm update so that your content stays optimized and reaches high standards amidst your competitors.
Ok, now that we’ve settled on what Google RankBrain is and how it works, it’s time to figure out what it means for your WordPress site. So, what follows is a crash course in Google RankBrain SEO.
Create Truly Helpful Content
By now, I shouldn’t have to tell you that content is the most important element of your website. As stated earlier, it is the one of the top-two ranking factors for Google and thus a central pillar for website success.
It’s also what human visitors will judge your site in their search results by, which RankBrain will notice. So, the AI is another reason to make your content as helpful as possible.
Rethink Keyword Research
We have talked about keyword research on this site before. It continues to be a central element of SEO. However, with Google RankBrain out and about, you need to focus even more on search intent.
For one that means, putting yourself in the shoes of your potential visitors. Where are they in their buyers’ journey?
Are they looking for additional information? Would they take out their wallet and buy immediately? Your page content should reflect the needs of the visitors.
A good way to find out more about user intent is the related search terms at the bottom of the SERPs. These are phrases that people who are looking for your keyword have also typed into Google.
In practical terms, concentrating on user intent will also mean switching from long-tail to medium keywords as focus keywords. Since RankBrain is much better at figuring out synonyms for the same search query, it doesn’t make sense to try and rank for all variations.
Instead, go for shorter keywords as your main keyword. When you create a valuable page around it, RankBrain will also send you visitors that are looking for related keywords.
However, that doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t incorporate long-tail keywords in your content (especially as LSI keywords, see below). Just don’t use them as your main phrase.
Focus on Organic CTR
I mentioned on top that RankBrain cares about user interaction. Click-through rate is a sign of that. In fact, Larry Kim claims that organic CTR will be the most important quality marker when RankBrain takes over even more responsibility.
Learning how to increase your CTR should, therefore, be part of your efforts for Google RankBrain SEO. We have recently published an article on that very topic. Here are the cliff notes:
- Measure first — Only what gets measured gets managed. Create a clear “before” picture of your site’s CTR so you can understand if your efforts are making a difference.
- Focus on your headlines — Work on the most prominent part of your appearance in the search results. Try out many different headlines, infuse them with emotions (especially in combination with keywords), use numbers and proper formatting. Also, check our copywriting tips.
- Test titles — Testing is better than guessing. Use tools, social media, ads, and plugins to find the most effective headlines.
- Use descriptive URLs — Because nobody wants to click on a link called http://yoursite.com/?p=123
- Create custom meta descriptions — Let readers know that to expect from your content. Meta descriptions also give you an opportunity to include a call to action, use power words and emotions.
- Implement rich snippets — Structured data allows you to provide a lot more information to your potential visitors right in the SERPs.
- Concentrate on site speed — Slow websites are a death stroke to CTR. Do something about it.
Improve Dwell Time, Bounce Rate and Conversion Rate
Dwell time is how long visitors stay on the page they landed on. Bounce rate is the number of people who leave your site without clicking on anything else. Conversion rate describes those people who complete whatever task you want them to accomplish on your site.
Google probably knows all of the above and judges your site by it. To improve them:
- Optimize the first impression — Again, speed is of the essence. Aside from that, make sure your site design and layout deliver what your users need right away. Focus on mobile friendliness and be careful with ads and popups.
- Make user needs a priority — Understand what visitors want and produce super useful content around it. In addition to that, invest in readability and content structure, keep your pages up to date and respond to any questions or comments.
- Link internally — Linking helps users discover more of your site. Refer to other posts and provide lists of best, latest and/or related articles.
- Do A/B testing — Split testing is a great way to improve your conversion rates. Small changes can make a huge difference. Be it calls to action, page design and layout, or headlines – always be testing. WordPress also has tools to do so.
- Provide social proof — Humans are herd animals. If you can show that others approve of you, you are more likely to get more people to do the same. There are many possibilities to include social proof, we have a whole article on that.
If you need more information, we also have detailed posts on dwell time and conversions rates.
Use LSI Keywords
LSI stands for Latent Semantic Indexing. In simple terms, it means that Google is using keywords related to your main topic to further understand what your post is about.
Why does that matter?
As mentioned, Google RankBrain SEO is all about user intent and context. Related keywords make it easier for Google’s AI to figure exactly that out about your content. By including them, you support your original topic and, at the same time, make it more likely to rank for those phrases as well.
To find LSI keywords, either build a mind map or use this tool. Aside from that, if you use natural language (meaning writing the way you talk), you will automatically use variations of your keywords.
For more details about our seo service packages, pls contact us